My name is Jennifer Dunham and I’m on a mission to help driven professionals change their overwhelming and unfulfilling zombie-like lives into exciting lives they love!
Do you feel trapped by the lifestyle or career you’ve created, maybe shackled by the financial success you’ve achieved?
You don’t have to feel guilty or ashamed for wanting more.
You may not even realize you’re looking for a happiness coach (or that we even exist)! But if you feel stressed and weighed down by your responsibilities, worried about letting others down, and afraid to admit you want more, then working with a happiness coach may be exactly what you need.
I guide you through realizing what’s really important. We re-prioritize and simplify the clutter and noise. I help you pin down why you feel like something is missing and we create a plan to help you find balance, reduce chaos, and make the leap to living the kind of like you really want.
Who is My Ideal Client?
My ideal client is a hard-working professional or entrepreneur who has achieved financial and career success but at the cost of not loving their life. Most importantly, my typical client is a high-achiever, go-getter, Type A professional who wants to find passion and meaning in their life and is committed and ready to end their struggle with mediocracy forever. More specifically, my services and programs will be a great fit if you:
- Struggle with integrating passion into your daily life. You want to quit feeling like a zombie, doing the same rote thing day after day, and are tired of being stagnant.
- Know that life is short and every day counts. It takes determination to get to your death bed and not have any regrets.
- Can’t turn off your active (and scattered) brain at night, which leads to feeling tired all day.
- Feel guilty that you should be thankful for your wonderful-looking life, which in turn makes you fearful of change.
- Rationalize what you should be doing verses what you want to do, so instead you stick with the status quo.
- Are afraid that you’ll waste your formal education if you admit you’re not happy in your current career and you’re worried what others may think.
- Long for lifestyle freedom and the days when life was simpler.
- Despite the emptiness you feel inside, you strive every day to be optimistic and you believe in your heart that true happiness is possible.
We’re not a good match if:
I have learned to be very selective with whom I take on as clients and I will respectively turn away anyone who I know is not a good fit. If you are more committed to staying stuck in your day-to-day existence than moving forward, please know that I am not the coach for you.
We will not be a good fit if you:
- Are unmotivated or can’t make the time to work on your happiness.
- Think I’m going to “do it for you” or that working together will be a quick fix.
- Are a untrusting or negative person
- Expect building your happiness to be easy. Happiness, from my experience, is a practice that takes time.
- Are threatened or intimidated by having hard honest conversations.
- Are not a good communicator.
- Think the investment will cause financial distress.
What Drives Me?
My heart is in coaching driven professionals who want to learn how to not only love their success and career but also love their life fully.
I can honestly say… I love my life.
Don’t get me wrong, my life is not perfect. I still get overwhelmed; I still argue with my hubby, and I still get grumpy.
My journey to become a happiness expert became clear when chicken farming taught me more about living than having cancer, getting hit by a drunk driver and going through a divorce ever did. Hard to believe, right? I can’t wait to tell you more about this story.
What drives me is my passion to teach others how to create a life they love through Living 5×5. 5×5 is an old WWII radio term, each number representing a scale for signal strength and clarity. When a radio operator ended a transmission with ‘5×5’ it meant ‘loud and clear’.
What Makes Me Different?
Left and right brained
I’m an analytical project planner, number cruncher, logical thinker, list-maker and organizer, but just as easily brainstorm ideas, think outside the box, and visualize creative solutions. I like to tell people that I’m creatively anal.
The HAPPY Formula™
I’ve created a unique approach that is used in each of my programs, aptly named the HAPPY Formula. We walk through this 5-step process, and repeat it as necessary, and as many times as possible until it becomes second nature to you.
I’ve been in your shoes
I have the personal experience of being an employee in the corporate tech world and now an entrepreneur of 3 successful businesses. I juggle the balance of home, health, and career every day.
I tell it like it is
My communication style is very honest and open. I prefer directness over wishy washy hems and haws. At the same time, I’m told that I’m super approachable and clients appreciate my no holds bar conversation style.
Health and wellness
I firmly believe that healthy living contributes and is essential to a happy life and home. Happiness can’t happen unless you learn how to take better care of yourself and your family. Mental and physical fitness are a must. Healthy eating is one of my top priorities and I strive to practice it daily. I love farming, gardening, canning and living off the land.
Old School Modern Woman
I think it’s important to integrate personal values in one’s life and career. For me, I feel that we don’t connect with people as we once did in the past, greatly due in part to our technological advancements. In fact, we’re so connected that we are at risk of becoming disconnected. We need a bit more nostalgia brought back into our lives. That bittersweet longing for the past can have an important impact on the present: spending quality time with family, cherishing family traditions and photos, and instilling some old school sense of community and values into our lives.
You can feel confident in choosing me to help you achieve a more fulfilling and meaningful life while keeping the success you’ve worked hard for and earned.
If you feel that I am the person to help you achieve our happiness then I invite you to visit my Work with Me page were you can learn about how I might be able to best support your vision.
What’s My Experience?
- I graduated Cum Sum Laude with Honors with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics.
- I have a Master of Science in Computer Science with minors in Psychology and Analysis of Algorithms.
- I founded my IT consulting firm in 2003. I have worked with private companies such as Tickets.com and Merrill Lynch, and specialize in the government sector. Specifically, I’ve worked on multi-million dollar projects with the State of California.
- I created my photography studio in 2005. Several years running, we won Best of Photographer awards from The Knot and Wedding Wire; we were honored with being a part of Grace Ormonde’s platinum list, and graced the covers of Our Wedding magazine and Real Weddings magazine. We’ve had several of our couples featured in magazine spreads.
- I’m a published travel author and photographer in Style Media Group’s Style Magazine with trips from London, Scotland, Spain, Hawaii, and other great locations.
- I founded HappinessMatters.com in 2015 and have invested hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into my own coaching and mastermind groups, so that I am up to date with the very best material and continue to grow myself and my business.
- I am a successful blogger since 2006. And now blog on HappinessMatters.com five times a week.
Who Am I Outside of My Business?
- I’m a country girl.
- I’m a Leo.
- I’m a middle child.
- I’m an advocate of wearing sunscreen after having melanoma at the age of 30.
- We have two beautiful adopted tabby cats named Velcro and Zipper.
- I love being in nature. I’ve only been gardening for 3 years but love that most of my vegetables are home-grown. I never imagined that I’d love getting my hands so dirty and tending to a small chicken farm.
- I enjoy cooking. This surprises my family, as growing up I never took home-ec and they tease me that I didn’t even know how to boil water when I left for college.
- I’m both a dress loving/shoe fanatic girly girl and a no make-up/ball-cap wearing tom-boy girl.
- Some of my favorite things to do are hiking in the wilderness with my husband and snuggling up to watch movies in front of a roaring fire.
- We have deer in our front yard almost every evening; our front yard is 5 acres. I love our home. It feels like my own personal bed and breakfast every day.
- I value being present in life’s simple pleasures and moments of wonder.